Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Don't forget the dictionaries!
2-17-99 12:02 PM W
I feel like getting some lunch.  I had an egg and a pork chop for breakfast this morning.  I've got ribs and chicken waiting for me after school.  Can I hold out?  I have to go to LACAS again today to get some books.  I'm going to pick up Spanish/English dictionaries for some students in my adult ed class who brought little gifts for Valentine's Day and got nothing in return.  I have to get one for Fidel, Mina--I forget who else.  I guess I better get five.  That'll cost me twenty-five bucks.  I'm writing while I walk across the playground.  I've come to Taco Bell because I have zero will power.  Who gives a shit?  Fat Olga said to me, "You look so handsome today."  Fat Gina said, "Don't flatter him."  I'm avoiding the teachers' lounge like it's an all-male strip club.  I don't want to be grilled about Shirelle or rings or weddings or marriage.  I'm crossing over Olympic now back to school.  We're back in class now.  One of my kids knocked my books into my coffee and spilled coffee all over my desk and papers and lesson plans.  Which makes me want to scream.  Whatever.  Marco wants to bring some bud by the house tonight.  I told him I would be back from work around 8:30.  The Village Chief's Daughter walked by.  Marco said, "Hi, Anna, how you doing?"  She turned and said, "Fine," embarrassed, maybe, and kept going.  I said nothing.  I'm doing sort of a Golden Rule in reverse: treat her the way she treats me.  I'm sure she'd prefer that.  Whatever.  I got bigger worries now, right?  I saw Laurie on the yard and we chatted a little, and I saw Laila on the yard and we chatted a little.  I'm setting up a new page for Jim.  I got it started last night.  I haven't typed yet today.  What else?  I have to talk to Felicity to check on that sub for next Monday.  I've got to start Sean's Vivid Dreams.  I read an amazing Frost poem called "Reluctance."

                                                 Ah, when to the heart of man
                                                 was it ever less than a treason
                                                 to go with the drift of things
                                                 to yield with a grace to reason
                                                 and bow and accept an end
                                                 of a love or a season?

I want to read Twelfth Night.  What else?  My thumb still hurts.  I wish I was drunk.  I wish I was smarter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home