Sunday, July 13, 2014

She Told Me That, and I Thought About a Fly Buzzing

7-22-98 Wed 5:45 PM
I'm at Pio Pico again.  I'm hiding out in an unused classroom to write this.  I'm bummed.  I didn't finish yesterday's three pages.  I put the serviced radiator in the Chrysler today.  Seems to be running pretty good, although now I'm noticing a hitch in the transmission.  I breaded and fried the zuchinni Fumi gave me from her garden next door.  I walked home the three miles from Shirelle's, but I'm still fat as ever.  I've got some weird rash on my back now, too.  What else?  I took "White Dawn" back to the video store.  I stopped at IL literature bookstore.  I was going to pick up Henderson, the Rain King, but they didn't have it.      I took $140 out of my account.  I guess I'm going to have to make small payments on my credit cards the next two months thanks to the fucking district switching my pay calendar. I don't know how I'm going to have any cash for Pennsylvania.     Shirelle told me she told her dad we're getting married. There's a fly buzzing around in here.  I keep hearing him hit the wall.  Doesn't that hurt him?  Maybe that's why he keeps doing it; he wants to knock himself senseless. The only other writing I did today was my fifteen minutes of typing.  I guess I'll write a page in the third person when I get home.  I cooked with a towel wrapped around my waist.  Carlin called.  She asked if I was still pissed at her.  "No," I lied.  She told me that Toni Morrison is going to have a book signing at that bookstore south of here, Eso Wan, I think it's called. Too bad I'll be out of town, I would love to meet Toni Morrison.  Man.  I'm going camping in the Sierras I guess.  What else?  Nothing.  There's nothing else?  That's it. That's all.  Life's a burn.  Life's a bore.  There's nothing more.  Today anyway.  I ate too much olive oil.  Still no "Jeopardy!"  Fuck.  I hope class passes swiftly tonight.  Maybe I should call in sick tomorrow.  Fuck a duck, Chuck, buddy-o.  Jesus.  What else?  I read Maughm while I walked home.   Was that guy pretentious.  The Modern Library released a list of the top hundred novels as voted on by I don't know who.  Number one:  Ulysses.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home