Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Su July 13 12:29 AM
I'm lying in Shirelle's bed.  She's making me watch this stupid-ass movie called "First Knight".  It's one of her favorite movies.  She loves any movie where two men are in love with the same woman.  This one's got a lot of movie stars parading around Arthurian England trying to affect some bullshit romantic nobility.  I was working at home so nicely.  I would have typed all night.  I could have worked on Jim.  I could feel it working up.  But then the selfish baby called.  She didn't care, wouldn't understand, wouldn't leave me be for one night.  This movie is embarrassing:  "I can tell when a woman wants me.  I can see it in her eyes."  Oh, brother.  I want to slap Shirelle for liking this stupid movie.  Ugh.  I could have typed all night.  I'm such an idiot, but the selfish baby would not allow it.  So, fuck.  What else?  I was thinking the biggest difference between Bukowski and me is that he can go for much longer periods of time without eating than I can.  That's important.  What else?  I drove to Borders today.  I bought Farewell, My Lovley, three Bukowski volumes, a short story anthology, The Crossing, and Sexus.  Whatever.  I was in such the perfect mood to write.  I can't believe I'm not working on Jim and that what I'm doing instead is watching this asinine movie.  What else?  You cant think with this drivel in your ears.  Can we get a little mustard for this corndog?  Put some honey in the cornbread?  I said I was going down to the kitchen to put together a plate of leftovers.  When I came back, Shirelle had the news on.  "What happened to the movie?" I asked.  "I stopped it so you wouldn't miss anything," she said. "Oh, thanks.  How thoughtful," I said.  I could go for some Maalox.  I've got to get my camera fixed. What the fuck else?  What on Earth else?  I bit the inside of my lip.  Prince Malagant kidnapped Guenevire.  This shit is nothing like the legend as told by Mallory.  What else? [a red-ink sketch of a man playing a bongo]  I'm so broke.  I need to get on "Jeopardy!" and win thirty grand.  We're supposed to go to Lassen next week.  My car needs a lot of work.  This movie is a total chick fantasy.  Bad guy rips off heroine's clothes.  Two guys fight for her.  When I take this back, I'll get "Henry and June"  and maybe "The Unbearable Lightness of Being" and maybe "The Year of the Dragon." 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home