Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Why You're Here

Wednesday December 11
I'm sick with a nasty head cold. I'm reading Saroyan's Human Comedy. It's sweet corn. My beard is growing. Julia gave me a ride to my car in the rain. My ears ache. Shirelle made shrimp and broccoli and rice and cucumbers in balsamic vinegar. I asked her what were the cucumbers? She got all mad and said if I didn't like the dinner to just put it in the kitchen. I only wanted to know what were the cucumbers with balsamic vinegar. My joints are stiff and crack a lot. My chest is starting to congest. Bronchitis will set in. I'm all clogged up. Getoff was at the studio until five AM, so he napped on the couch here until his class for a few hours tonight. I picked up my prescription and some light bulbs at Payless and managed to spend fifty bucks on crap at Blockbuster. I should email Julia tonight. I'll finish reading Maurice's story. I have to find a lousy book and crayon out words to make one long cool sentence. I have to write a paragraph response to Andy the pediatrician's crime dialog. I sub for Schiff again tomorrow. Roger will handle the class, so I should be able to get some work done tomorrow. I will see the "Star Trek" movie tomorrow, probably. I don't care about split infinitives or ending sentences with prepostions. We're going to find a globalization of language in the shrinking future in which meaning will be of import over syntax and grammar. The movies I rented are "The Secret of Roan Innish" and "Blue in the Face" and I bought "The Santa Clause" and "Fantasia". What about Jim and Adam are at the counter? They will argue in front of the Korean clerk who will decide not to sell to them. Odyssey for buzz and chicks. Next, I'll tape for fifteen minutes. I bought "Banks of Wishkah". I've got to buy a christmas present for Demina. I'm supposed to meet Mariachi on Friday. Demina's party is Saturday. I've got four more community services. I'l have to go to that office on the West Side and take my paperwork to court. The Ducks and Penguins are brawling. The rain is supposed to have cleared away by tomorrow. Cut myself on angel hair and baby's breath. What else? Hugo said to mix lemon with honey and tequila and gulp it down and it would fix my cold. Only one, though, he said. "One bottle?" I joked. "Heh-heh. Tha's why you're here," he said. I couldn't finish the crossword today. A lady was carjacked and shot in the eye. The bullet came out near her ear. She walked to a house and called the police and aplogized to the woman whose phone it was for waking her up. Sue from Pacific Bell called. I need a paper grocery bag under my desk for trash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home