Monday, July 07, 2008

An Absurd Thing to Think

Tuesday Sep 24
It is dramatically, suddenly, fall.
The sun sets farther south. The sky's blue is grayer. The air is a chilling breeze, timeless; it makes me feel equally close to birth and death. The Dodgers are down to the last six games of the season and are still only half a game up on the Pads against whom they'll play the last three. Right now they're hosting Frisco. I have tickets for Thursday night. I'm reading Joe Garagiola's memoir of his career in the National League during the 40's and 50's. It's called Baseball: A Funny Game. It's a quaint recollection, nice to read. Better so far than Jim Bouton's Ball Four. I'm also four chapters into Adventures in the Skin Trade. It reminds me of Joyce. Thomas must've been cognizant of the comparison, penning Portrait of the Artist as a Young Dog. I thought Skin Trade might be some 30's and 40s' exposee on his time as a screenwriter in Hollywood, but now that seems an absurd thing to think. Last night I read Act III scene vii of Richard III aloud to Shirelle before we humped. She rubbed my weiner while Richard duped Buckingham into suggesting he assume the throne. John Method gave me a book about the alleged UFO crash in Roswell, New Mexico.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home