Friday, September 15, 2006

On the Can

12/29/95

Should old (or auld?) acquaintance be forgot...I don't know that song. ...and never brought to mind? Is that it? What the hell does lang syne mean? I remember when I was a fun loving guy. I seem to have gotten stonier-hearted in my auld age, and have become much less subject to revelry and sentimental cameraderie. Why is that?

It's taking me forever to finish this last page and half of the Miracle Mile story. I'm going golfing today at Montebello with Mariachi and Carne. I think I'll abandon work today and just drink and talk and pick up the storyline fresh in a couple days. --Not like I've been working on it at a feverish pace, but I've been putting in the time and making progress.

I had forgotten that I was to play golf when I agreed yesterday to get cinema tickets for this afternoon with Shirelle, and she had her usual bitchfit when I told her.

I should be nicer. She's moved in again and rearranged the furniture and wall hangings, and it's all very foreboding. We are not a good couple. I am so damn critical, and she can't even spell my name.

What else? I'm writing this on the can. (Happy face)

Now I'm not. Why do I spend so much time with those with whom I have little in common? I need to find some friends who like to write. Your friends are your friends, though. You don't choose them by their resumes. You fall in love with your friends through shared experiences. You don't calculate, or I don't, with whom that bond is going to happen. Maybe since we put up with so much family b.s., we become conditioned to tolerating friends who are demanding and unsupportive.

The Stones are on the radio, "Gimme Shelter." Great song.

She is jumpy, constantly, irrationally, irritatinly jumpy. Thoughtful, as far as considerate (or is she?), but thoughtlessas far as logical, a hustler, she is. Really it's all wrong. So why do I keep it up? Why do birds sing so gay? Why do fools fall in love? Why must I be a teenager in love?

(scribbles)

I'm venomous. I'm at the end of my rope. I think I know why, but I'm too feckless to deal with it. Shit! Hell! I don't care growl at fuck Ahgr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home