Monday, July 31, 2023

 Sa 9:58 AM 5-19-01 

I wrote fifteen minutes drunk last night before bed. I had been shooting pool at Barney's Beanery. I woke up around four with a headache, a tossing and turning discomfort, and gas. I took some Tylenol and a crap and drank some Alka-Seltzer and smoke a bowl and went to lie down on the couch, accompanied by feelings of dread, grief, and self-recrimination. My Stanford 9 tests have supposedly disappeared. I left them in my room. Forgot to turn them in. The next morning, they were gone. Maybe some kids got into the room through Fedeline's class and took them? Not likely, because none of the Pokemon cards or computer games were missing. More likley, Nora Colbert, the coordinator noticed they hadn't been turned in, came and got them, and now want to make me sweat. Colbert wasn't there yesterday. God, I hope this "Jeopardy!" thing comes through. I better start practicing my speech.     "We're going to a birthday barbecue at my mom's today. My mother-in-law's is today, mine's Monday, and Kristie's is next week. My baseball game is tomorrow at El Sereno.

The Devils and Penguins are on. Rochelle's worried about her mom. We were supposed to go down there around eleven, and she's been calling, but no one's answering. It's afternoon now. The baby's in the bungee chair. Sheryl Crow's singing on the stereo. I'd like to booze it up some more today, but I don't want to suck at my baseball game tomorrow. There's no sun today, just a glowing white sky.  What the hell else? I should make [blue ink New Jersey Devils logo with horns and barbed tail and the word 'fire'] a tape [blue ink Pittsburgh Penguins logo with penguin and hockey stick and the words 'and ice'] for Father's Day. Rochelle is calling the old forlks home where her grandmother lives. She thinks her mother may be there. I hear only the esses, she talks so softly. My grandfather died on my dad's birthday. It suggests that we take our parents' lives. I'd like to play a little guitar if I ever finish this page. Read some more History of the Ancient Orient. Try to type a third-person page. Reade the paper. Looks like I won't be checking out any towyards today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home