Monday, May 15, 2023

 2-23-01 F 1:18 PM

Ugh. Let’s see. I typed fifteen minutes on the laptop this morning. It was raining when I left the house. I picked up a newspaper. Blake was traded to the Colorado Avalanche. 7:03 PM Waiting for Coen. He’s got tickets to the Laker game. It would have been wiser to turn down the invitation. Rochelle was sad. She took the baby to her mom’s. The game starts at 7:30. Thing’s chronically late to leave for things.  I rolled my last smoke. Blake’s already got an assist for the Avalanche. I wish Thing would have gotten here early enough for me to go down to the store for some flowers. And toilet paper. And milk and shampoo. There he is now. Do 8:24 We’re at Staples. “Which one’s Shaq?” I joked when we sat down. A guy a couple of seats over looked at me like I subscribed to Playgirl. I left a chair between him and me, but a family arrived at our row, and I had to move over next to him. “There goes our elbow room,” I said. I put my beer under the seat until the guy pointed out the cup holders on the backs of the seats right in front of us. Duh. I said, “Oh, well, we usually sit up in the luxury boxes. We don’t have to worry about it up there.” He didn’t say anything. At halftime, Thing and I wandered the arena. I got a little outfit for Ada. It’s got a Laker logo on it. We went out onto a cool patio with a view of downtown. Now we’re at Windows, a bar and restaurant on the top (32nd) floor of the Transamerica building. It seems like the kind of place to order a martini, so I did. They got one on the menu called “The Last Worthless Evening.” It’s got bitters and dry vermouth. Today, I was thinking a brandy and coffee could be called a “Cujo.”

I started reading Cities of the Plain. So far, it seems to have started off randomly, but now it’s building up to a meeting of John Grady and Billy Parham.

I hope the wife and baby are okay. When I called down to the OC, the kid was screaming bloody murder.

“He musta been driving drunk.”

“Either that, or he had an aneurism.”

Looks like the dark angel is trading numbers with the bartender while her beau is in the bano.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home