Monday, April 10, 2023

 

2-9-01 F 7:52 AM

I’m at Wilshire Hill. Took the day off but came in to leave a lesson plan for the sub. I had a Kahlua and coffee with Bailey’s and brandy last night, and a beer, and I went to the Bounty and had two merlots with Kelly and Sharon and two beers with Thing while I tried to talk him out of wallowing in self pity over his breakup with his emotionally unstable ex-girl. But that’s not why I’m taking the day off. I have a doctor’s appointment this afternoon to have this wart removed from my index finger. Rochelle’s going to have a suspicious mole on her chest examined. Plus, we want to take care of this laptop business, and I’m working tomorrow until noon, and then we’re going with a realtor to check out homes in Azusa, and we really need groceries, and that clinched it for calling in today. We might try to go to the museum today to see Teddy Edwards blow his horn and maybe the “California” exhibit. I’m supposed to go with Thing to Fais de Deaux for a while tonight. When I’m done with this, I’ll have a look at the news. Write a third person when I get home. Knock off some Crossing. Put the new lines on Jim. Play guitars. Write fifteen minutes. Watch “Doctor No.” Read some Cheever diary today. Go to the market. Call the laptop store. That ought to be a good day. I’ve got to tell Horowicz I’ll work for her tomorrow. Maybe I’ll go to Bob’s or something for breakfast before I go home. I’m doing a real suck-ass job of not spending money and not eating shit. What else? I hope that sub gets here on time. The Kings beat Carolina last night. Too bad Nashville also won. Hopefully, Edmonton will lose to Phoenix tonight. Guess I’ll put a phot down here. [Doc Johnson of Mississippi and wife Judy]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home