Wednesday, March 30, 2022

 8-2-00 W 7:44 PM

I'm at my night school class at Los Angeles High School. My students are taking the Comprehensive Adult School Assessment System Test. It's just a pain in the ass. I'd rather be giving a lesson. The test is way too hard for most of them. They ought not to give the test to level 1A students. It discourages them, and they think they're being judged, not matter how much I tell them it's just to establish a baseline to measure growth. They should wait until they're level two. Whatever. 

The dog loves figs. Our dog is an omnivore. Figs and peach pits. And disposable razors. I found here chewing up a razor. Amazing. Shattered the handle and even chewed the bleed to the point where it bent and cracked. Her mouth was not bleeding. She must have gotten it from the tub. She also seems to think the toilet bowl scrub brush is her personal chew toy. She likes to gather all her toys into the center of the parlor, so the toilet brush is in the middle of the living room a lot. I try to get Rochelle to keep the bathroom door closed, but it doesn't seem to be in her nature. I may as well explain to the puppy not to chew the toilet brush. I caught her chewing up a book of matches the other night. She's like a goat. Our dog book says peach leaves and bark are poisonous. Apparently not peach pits, though.

I got new brake pads for my bike. They're in my pocket right now. 

I read an excerpt from the Colossus or Maroussi. Miller feels the ages in Greece, feels the history of humanity emanating from the grave of Agamemnon, and decides to dedicate himself to peace, believes that when mankind learns to give up murder, it will achieve immortality, like the gods, eternal life. [photograph of a doe in a cedar-line alpine meadow in Olympia National Park, June 1995]

After a winding drive from Port Angeles up to Mount Angeles, 6,454 feet. I'd like to tell you that I hiked days into the back country to get this lonely meadow, but I was only yards from the parking lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home