Saturday, February 12, 2022

 7-24-00 2:41 PM M

I'm on the underground platform in Universal City, waiting for the subway to take me back to L. A. I'm on the train now. Lights strobe the face of a girl sitting sullenly in the corner. I came up to the credit union because they said I needed to appear in person to get new checks with my new address on them. I got a summer school job at Wilshire Hill. I started this morning. Right now, I'm trying to decide if I have time for a beer or to buy a video before I go home. I don't. I still have to write a recommendation for Sheryl before I go into LACAS tonight. I'm off the train. I got off at Hollywood and Highland. I rode my bike down to What's Brewing? here on Highland and Wilshire. I got an iced coffee and a couple of cookies. I'm sitting in a wooden patio chair out front. A guy in a turban directs traffic. My iced coffee is more ice than coffee. I read the paper at Canteen, in Cahuenga Pass. I drank iced tea there. I ate a piece of school-cafeteria garlic cheese-bread at ten thirty this morning. It gave me chest pains. A tall, skinny Oriental girl sat next to me. She smiled at me and lit up a smoke. I guess I'll microwave something for lunch when I get home. Yesterday, Carlos failed to pick me up for our game. The GIP gave me a ride, but I was forty minutes late, thanks to Carlos. Gil left me on the bench until the last three innings, and I was out of rhythm and struck out and hit a gay little pop-up to the pitcher, and we lost eleven to six. I've got Miller to read. Rochelle works eleven to eight. I wonder what havoc the puppy has wrought. What else? What else? What else? Read Miller. Work on Jim.  Send Scott and Kim's thing. [ color photo of a dumbass with his wife and mother-in-law] 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home