Thursday, December 02, 2021

 7-3-00 M3-13 PM

“There’s something perverse about women…the less you notice them, the more they chase after you…they’re masochists at heart.”

I’m going to start calling Thing “Godot.” 

The “Wizard of Oz” is on TV. Getoff’s having a BBQ tonight. I typed fifteen minutes this morning. I read Miller and lifted weights.

7-4-00 Tu 12:36 PM

I wish I was on a big sailboat somewhere, celebrating Independence Day. A brother on a payphone says, “Sometimes a man gotta bury his pride and be a slave.” I’m hungover today. Tired. I cycled the videos back to the store on Wilshire. Now I’m sitting in Bob’s to get this out of the way. I didn’t get much writing down yesterday. I was drunk all day. What did I do? I lifted weights and read Miller. Called some people. Had a little nap. Whipped up some BBQ sauce and brought some ribs to Walter’s at the old place on Keniston. Gabi was there with her boyfriend, and I do mean boy.  Too young for her. I couldn’t figure it out. I didn’t try too hard. We ended up playing guitars and singing. It was lame. Whatever. Round midnight, I went home. Rochelle was asking me if I don’t bone her cuz she’s fat. Ugh. I made something up about how fast we jumped into everything and how it’s going to take time to build real intimacy—something like that. She seemed to accept it. I didn’t sleep well. Morning came quickly. I straightened the place up. Did the dishes, made the bed. Collected the laundry. Cleaned the bathroom, took out the trash, etc., etc., etc. Watched the end of “Play it to the Bone.” Lame. The neighbors are having a holiday party in the backyard. I have to take the chicken out of the freezer. I should get more exercise than this little bike ride. I’d like to shoot some pool or bowl today or something. I’ll go home from here and read the paper. Do a third-person page about the cop. Start drinking. Read Chandler. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home