Tuesday, September 28, 2021

 

6-29-00 2:06 PM M

What has happened to my writing? Ugh. I wrote Saturday before I rode my bike to Thing’s We went across the street to the Brass Monkey to watch the De La Hoya/Mosley fight. I drank rum and pineapple juice. The waitresses were pretty. A black girl in a slinky dress came in. “Is that Johnz?!” she shrieked. “I’d recognize that red head anywhere.” It was Kadija from university. I hadn’t seen her in about ten years or so. She sat on the arm of my chair to tell me she is divorced and a securities broker. I was sitting in a high-backed leather chair. I had been telling Thing it was a chair that made you want to have girls sit in your lap. Then, girls kept sitting in my lap. First Kadija, then a leggy, boner-inspiring mocha-skinned woman whose name escapes me, and finally, Sharon, of the ample, round nalgas. Sharon gave me her card. I don’t know what kind of pheromone I was giving off. Probably just the devil playing tricks on a married chump. “I’m married,” I told Sharon.

“So am I,” she said.

Mosley won a hard, tough split decision. I drank about ten beers. Dance a little. Rode my bike home before I got myself in any trouble. Strange night. They were just flirting with me because I’m married, I guess. Rochelle was there when I got home. I made a quesadilla. She said she was worried about me. I went o bed. I woke with a hangover. My mom called and said she and Josh were coming up for a visit. We went to El Cholo. I had a screwdriver. 

My baseball game was at Yosemite Park in Eagle Rock. We lost a tough one four to two. I singled and scored, but I struck out with the tying runs on to end the game. The ump sucked. I played third well. I was exhausted when I got home. I pulled a muscle in my leg. It’s my achilles tendon or my calf. I’ve been limping around ever since. I put a cold pack on it last night, followed by a heating pad. I’ve got it wrapped in an ace bandage. I don’t think I’ll be able to play next week. What a muscle pull, anyway? I read about half of the newspaper. Called my father. He’s worried about my brother. I don’t understand monogamy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home