Sunday, February 24, 2019


9-22-99 W 1:30 PM
                Ugh.  So, I guess we’re just going to flush these first three weeks of school so we can segregate the kids.  ~ 3:26 Ugh.  What an afternoon.  Since half the kids are going to a new class tomorrow, I just took them out to the yard for handball, basketball, and jump-rope.  When we came back in, I was trying to explain to the kids about how they were going to have a new teacher when Jaweeza started giving me the old “teacher-my-stomach-hurts” routine.  I had already sent her to the nurse and seen her come running back this afternoon, so I said, “Oh, stop it,” and she started crying.  I tried to ignore her and tell the kids what books they had to leave and what they could take with them when a bilous half-gallon of yellowish and white liquid started to spill over the hands Jaweza had clamped over her mouth.  She got up and started moving toward the door and projectile-vomited another half-gallon of the puke across the room.  She looked at me confusedly.  The kids started screaming.  She trailed another half-gallon of puke toward the door before she was done.  I moved the kids around the puke and out the door and gave them the paperwork assigning them to their new classes.  Kids were whining and screaming, the bell rang, parents were jabbering angrily about the class change, and I was running late for our meeting after school.  ~~~~~Whatever.  I’m home now.  I’m sitting at my desk.  Got ESPN on the TV behind me.  Baseball season is winding down to pennant races.  I need to do some sit-ups.  I need to read the Bible.  I had some mushu chicken for lunch.  Sosa and McGwire 0-fered in their head-to-head matchup at Wrigley.  I wish I could have gone to Houston and Detroit this summer before their stadiums close.  ~ I have to go to LACAS before class tonight.  I’m supposed to write a dramatic monologue from the point of view of someone I know well.  I’ll do Jim’s love history.  Then I’ll read Caribbean and take Jim to page eighty-nine and read La Opinion before I go to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home