Thursday, August 25, 2016

The Philosophical Question of the Day

2-10-99 11:06 AM W
Just going through life trying to keep my cravings and desires in check--waiting to be free to be me(such times do come occasionally)--they're mostly self-destructive.     I haven't eaten yet today.  I bought a newspaper, but someone had filched the sports page out of it.  The important philosophical question of the day:  What's for lunch?  I didn't type this morning.  I haven't cared to write lately.  It has been self-enforced labor lately.  A total grind.  The pencil and paper resist each other, the friction of it seems extraordinary today.  And again:  What for lunch?  Haven't read any Tar Baby yet today.  The skies are clear today, but a chill wind blows.  Everyone remarks that it's cold.  I don't think it's as cold as people say.  I think they just unconsciously enjoy dramatizing the difference between the usual temperature.  The weekend looms large.  That's why I'm such a wreck these days.  That's why I don't/can't write.  Jim seems retarded again.  What else?  Ten minutes until the next big decision in my life:  What for lunch?  We played a little ball in the wind today.  Even eight-year-olds get me out.  Shirelle said this morning, "Life sucks dog [pencil sketch of Lon Chaney as the Phantom of the Opera] shit."  That made me laugh.  Whatever.  What else?  5:38 PM  I'm hiding out in the bathroom at Pio Pico.  Mr. McKey who uses my room during the day (or really I use his room at night) stayed late again.  He's so long-winded, I can't do anything but listen to him if I go to my class early to write.  My beard is growing. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home