Monday, July 18, 2016

2-1-99 10:42 AM M
In class.  The kids are doing their math chapter pre-test.  Word of the Week went off without a hitch this morning.  Mr. Herschel came in while the kids were cleaning out their desks.  I told him we were having desk inspection in advance of his evaluation on Wednesday.  He said, "Don't worry.  You're good as gold."  Yeah, right.  I have to get some student work samples up on the walls, set up some centers, and develop an ESL lesson for my TA.  Kendoll is going to give me a ride at lunch to take my payroll form to LA Tech center.  2-2-99 8:20 PM Tu  Night school.  Juma is finishing copying off the board.  He's from Kenya and knows Swahili and Arabic, but he's having a hard time with English.  Unlike my Latin students, the characters are all different for him.  Even the direction is different.  10:21 PM  I just finished Under the Volcano.  It saved itself at the end.  Strong, tragic climax.  11:47 PM  I can't go to sleep.  I'm not tired enough. I took a little nap after school today.  Had some cold coffee.  Folded some laundry.  My feet are a little below room temperature. Is that possible?  Shirelle stayed at her place again tonight.  I'm at my desk.  The computer is on. I had a wee smoke a while ago.  Benched a hundred pounds fifty times.  Cooked a steak.  I forget the cut.  Rode bike down Pico to Pio Pico.  I should just go to bed.  Payday is Friday. Sheer terror on the horizon.  Loneliness.  More than thirty people have been showing up for my night school class.  It's the most in the school.  A lady called about bringing a survey into the office tomorrow.  I have to pick up my attendance and the survey at LA High before class and then go back afterward to drop off the survey after class. What else?  Firmin  Fearmean.  Dat's me.  Fear Mean.  I must be trippin' on that coffee.  There's a beer in the fridge. I should do curls instead.  Brush my teeth.  I should shave for my evaluation.  What about Shirelle?  It's a question I don't want to ask, let alone answer.  God bless her. That's for sure.  I have no shirt on.  A car just pulled into the driveway. Must be the Swamp Thing coming home.  I should get around twenty-seven hundred on this check, I think.  I have a thousand left to pay off on the Fleet card. I should be able to pay all that, and then it'll be adios to that bastard.  Ten grand to go on the GM Card.  I guess my game show check will be about that much, and then I'll be able to payoff that one.  Then if I don't lose my night job, I should be able to get Gramma Vera's car fixed up.  Eighty-two convertible LeBaron, white with a couple red orange pinstripes the same color as Vera's hair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home