Sunday, November 02, 2014

The Monkey Chased the Weasel

9-11-98 F 12:45 PM
It's silent reading time here in third grade.  We've just come from lunch.  I took my payroll form to the tech center at lunch.  I stopped at my house and took a crap and grabbed a banana.  I ate the banana in my car.  It's all I've eaten today.  I really wanted an Ultimate Cheeseburger from Jack in the Box, but I was able to put it off.  After school I'm supposed to meet Florelle after school about a drink.  I might also meet Kendall at the museum.  Who knows?  Shirelle and I had a tiff last night.  First of all, in the afternoon, she was complaining again about our not living together.  So I say move in, but she doesn't like the carpet.  We've been round and round that mulberry bush a hundred times.  I had to go to work.  She said I could write after work, and she would come over around eleven.  So I called her at ten thirty and it was one of those, "Are you coming over?"s and "I don't know.  Do you want me to?" with a "Well, why do you think I called?" plus a "Can't you just invite me over?" then a "I thought I just did."  "No, you didn't"  "Well, would you like to come over?"  "Why can't you say you WANT me to come over?"  "Oh, you're just playing games now."  "No, I'm not."  "Well, I'm just going to bed now."  "Fine."  "Fine."  "Good-bye,"  Click.  I thought she might come by to torment me at lunch, but then I realized she would wait until just before school ended so she could torment me at happy hour in front of my colleagues.  Maybe I'll just skip happy hour and go home and write and wait for "Jeopardy", watch sports, drink beer and eat the food in the freezer. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home