Monday, April 07, 2014

6-2-98 Tu 6:40 PM
In my night class, the students are doing a written exercise.  I finished chapter three of Augie March.  I've got a smelly roach in my breast pocket.  I thought of puffing it before class, but I didn't.  Might go by El Coyote tonight to Maria's birthday party and to meet with Shirelle.  Went to the California Science Center today.  It was too crowded and too noisy.  The Dodgers released Hideo Nomo.  A--what's the word I'm looking for?--An inglorious ending to a promising beginning.  Ain't that life? 
She asks me if I have anything to write.  The only reason she would ask me this is if she wanted to get away from me for a while. 
6-4-98 10:40 AM Th
After school yesterday I had a glass of 101 proof Wild Turkey Kentucky Bourbon with ice and a short puff, and I added five lines to Jim Crack about carnivorism and the lust for flesh.  Then I walked to work, toting my black bag full of books.  A guy in a pickup called out to me as he drove by, "Hello, good Christian!" and put his arm out to wave.  I waved back.  It looked like he had the disassembled clapboard siding off a carnival ticket booth in the back of his truck.  I was bummed when I got to school and discovered I didn't have my journal.  The class went quickly enough.  I called Shirelle when I got home.  She wanted me to bring her pizza and beer and come over to her house to watch "Soul Food" a hackneyed, predictable melodrama.  It looked insulting to black people to me, as if infidelity and fucking around and stupidity were the norm.  I mostly held my tongue.  We boned around a little this morning, Shrill bent over the bed, me standing behind.  At lunch today, I've got to get up to the market and get a card for my stepmother's birthday which was two days ago.  I've got to get milk and bread and tortillas and sour cream and salsa and bagels and juice.  What else?  I'll go see if Rohman wants this Dodger ticket.  What else?  Read the LA Times and most of the LA Weekly.  Going to read Augie March next.  What else?  Variable cloudiness today.  Got to work on Jim after school.  What else?  What should I have for lunch?  Will I have time for lunch?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home