Friday, November 07, 2008

Don't Know If Anything on This Page Is True--It's Boring Enough to Be True, Though

Sat Oct. 19
I'm trying to complete a two page character study of Jim Crack for my novel writing class. I'm having trouble with it. I stray into descriptions of how plot forms his character and how other characters see him, without his character driving either of those things or really anything at all.
Oh well. I've finished it now. Not one of my more stellar efforts, despite a few telling details. Anyway, it's the first character study I've done for Jim.
I'm beginning to set Jim off from myself. It's become important to find ways that he is not me. Oh, but so what?  I don't know if anything on this page is true. I'm just writing to fill the page. My brother is having a party tonight in Northridge. My sister will pick me up, but I don't think I'll be going. Walchak is coming over. He wanted to go to a movie. I said I'd go, but then I called him back to see if he wouldn't rather rent something so that I could get a little more work done. Tomorrow I'm going to do another eight hours of community service.
I ought to treadmill tonight. That Swiss knife ad idea for setting character in motion doesn't sound too difficult. I may find something that's already finished and insert the action. If I had any integrity, though, I'd build a new scene around it.
Maybe if pray for it, I'll get it done after work tomorrow. Two pages. That would be great. I have to spend an hour on the Bible tomorrow. I'm supposed to go with the GIP out to Rawler's place in Temple City tomorrow. His uncle just gave him a pool table. He'll probably have just brewed a fresh batch of beer.
The first game of the World Series

He flopped around in the sand like a lovestruck grunion.


We've got the Oliver Stone epic "Nixon" in the VCR right now. Shirelle has murdered by boiling, and is now slurping down, a lobster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home