Friday, October 24, 2008

A Deep Down Fear Someone's Going to Shoot Him in the Head

Friday October eighteenth
Ahright Ahright. Where we at? Home here on Kensiton, at my desk which I've just straightened out; threw away the envelopes the bills came in and the junk mail, and the old ATM receipts and changed the month on the calendar: tore off September and tucked it behind the rest of the year. Stacked past journals in the corner. Typed a page from a lovesick 92 journal.
The newly born Phoenix Coyotes are on the ice now against the Flyers. Hockey in the desert. What hath man wrought? Hell is air-conditioned by now. The radio plays eighties tunes. I'm worried about my youngest sister. Address the ideal of staying married for a lifetime and raising a family, and being from a failed marriage. What makes brothers and sisters? I looked up the words brother and sister and parent in the big dictionary over there that has a whole table to itself. There is a distinction between sister, and sistergerman which is a sister of the same parents.
I have to write a two-page character study tonight. I need to stick with Jim Crack, though lately I've been wanting to write Zane. Zane is introverted compared to Jim.  Jim I think has fewer compunctions. Jim's channel keeps changing. Life happens to him.
There is another story I have to write using a Swiss Army knife ad from a magazine listing a hundred and some uses. And I have to read the next four chapters of Judith Hearne, plus five to seven more first lines. And for Rob Roberge a story tying together three disparate objects, one of which, is from a photo. I'll have to do that one on Tuesday and Wednesday.
I went to the super market. It was oddly uncrowded. It was easy to drive across San Vicente and Pico, and it was easy to park. I bought to bottles of chardonnay Maule Valley Barefoot chard.
Hole is coming through the speakers now; I popped in the casette.
"I've got a big ego, but I don't want to step on anyone's toes," he told him.
I think prayer is the first step. Prayer equals hope. How does prayer affect Jim. He certainly has a memory of his mother teaching him to pray.

The Thing said, "I wonder when that guy's going to get into politics," when JFK, Jr. appeared on the television. I said, "Never. He's probably got a deep down fear someone's going to shoot him in the head."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home