Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Something in the Clouds

1/2/96

I have to remember to elaborate a scene for the movie I'm going to make about the life of the Guatemalan Insanity Pepper some day, of him hammered and walking into the wrong house and falling into a closet and trying to get away with a little dog nipping on his pantcuff as he tries to get out.

Today was the first day of school after our two month break. There were only eighteen kids today. Most of them are in Mexico, still, and will come straggling back in over the next few weeks. We wrote about and illustrated our favorite memories of 1995. I drew a picture of Land's End down in Cabo. Then I did an impromptu math lesson with everything I could think to do with the number 1,996. We looked up our new vocabulary words. When I told the kids that I look for words in the dictionary that I've never heard of and then write sentences with them, they broke out into spontaneous applause. !?

There was something in the clouds this morning, a brilliance so indescribable, the word that came to mind was God--There seemed to be an author, an artist, a creator behind that sunrise.

There was something else I wanted to remember, but I can't.

There are many things to worry about in the coming months, mainly my portfolio for the credential exit interview and the test for the BCLAD. I don't even know what BCLAD stands for. I keep asking, and the answer doesn't stick. There's a lot of other crap I have to do, but I can't think of what it is right now. I've got three letters I need to write. I should call my grandmother.

The Fiesta Bowl is tonight. #1 Nebraska vs. #2 Florida for the undisputed National Collegiate Football Championship Goooooood stuff. I think I'll get some beer for the game. And some Old Maid cards. For a seating arrangement game I want to do with the kids tomorrow.
I'm going to warm up some spaghetti for dinner.
I have a lot of reading to do this week. Two shorts, part 1 of Chez Chance, Ch. 2 of the Ultimate Baseball Book.
I told Andres about the Miracle Mile story. He seemed enthused. Just last night I was thinking I didn't know anyone with artistic interests, but Andres has.
"Artistic" seems like such a fa--oty word. "Fa--oty" is funny adjective. ha ha
Oh well bo bell hell tiddy swell "He wants you to put down the cameras," Esa said. "He's Yaqui, a us spiritual--how you say? A sorceror."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home