Thursday, May 16, 2024

 

9:21 PM Th 8-30-01

Shit. I’m tired. The wife told me to go out, but I feel too old and broke and conservative and tired. I typed fifteen minutes on the laptop during a meeting in the auditorium at Wilshire Hill today. It was a very depressing meeting. I don’t want to be a teacher anymore. I want to pass through the door into a new life.


I don’t know if I can do a good job anymore. I puttered around my room a few hours trying to straighten up and get ready for the new school year. I didn’t feel like I knew what I was doing. I had volunteered to be a mentor teacher, and I felt like I must be a joke to the other teachers, like I’m the one who needs a mentor. I have to check out a website for the application. I rode my bike home. Rochelle can’t find her keys, so I had to give her mine so she could take the baby for a checkup. Otherwise, I might have gone out for a drink. I tried to read the newspaper but dozed off. The phone rang. Rochelle’s sister wants a piece of us this weekend. My friend, Drew, invited us to a barbecue this weekend. I was supposed to call him back. The baby is 29 inches long, which puts her in the 90th percentile for her age and 19 pounds which put her in the 50th percentile. What a kid! I go the grill going out back and threw on some marinated swordfish. I nuked some leftover rice and canned peas and poured Rochelle a glass of Rosemount ’99, red. The baby ate Rice Krispies and Cheerios and peas and rice and a little swordfish. After dinner, I finished the paper and watched the Bosox lose in a sweep to Cleveland, UNLV blew it against Arkansas. And now here I am recording the most mundane aspects of my life. I don’t have the nerve to try to smoke up something revelatory. Where’s my divinorum?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home