Thursday, September 29, 2022

 11-1-00 W 12:56 PM 

I've had a headache all day. I'm guessing it's from the sugar in the cupcakes and chocolate I ate, or maybe I've contracted encephalitis. It is a cool, sunny, perfectly-November day. I typed fifteen minutes before school this morning. Rode my KLR4000 Free Spirit bike to work. The nippy air intensified my headache. Helped Fanny type the final copy of her Boogie Man story. Corrected our spelling assignment. At recess, I read the sports page. Lakers beat the Blazers again in last night's opening day rematch in Portland. The Dodgers hired Jim Tracy, whoever that is, to be their new manager. We had to do the Title 1 math test after recess. Then we corrected it. I had some solar heated lunch in a box: chicken, rice, and veggies in garlic sauce. Steve Allen died. My neck still hurts. I'll read some more Something Wicked This Way Comes. It occurs to me now this is not a good title with a baby on the way. I liked it for a page, but then all the sappy, homespun similes about eyes like chestnuts and such started getting on my nerves. Nonetheless, I shall endeavor to read it all. Type a third person. What does Jim do after the tow truck drive steals his car. Then I'll read some Cheever. Send that letter to Bernie. Make some dinner. Teach night school. Work on Jim. What else? What else? My shoulders and head and neck and back hurt. My lips are chapped. I hope the baby comes soon but not on the weekend. But if she does come on the weekend, that's fine. 2:37 PM Where is that kid? Is subconscious prenatal anxiety causing the pain in my back and head? Guh--what must it be like to pregnant? Guess I'll eat some bratwurst when I get home. Is the word "for" a preposition? What else? What else? What in the heck else? Joshua Black is here to play "Dragon's Lair" on the computer. The computer is all slow and screwed up. What else? What [color photo of a girl on the steps of a Mayan pyramid] else? One of my students last year left this picture in my class. On the back it says in Spanish: To Ivan, from your sister, I love you, you little dark beauty." What else? What else? What else? What else?

10-31-00 Tu 10:08 AM

It’s Halloween. I’m dressed like a scarecrow. Today is our daughter’s due date, but I don’t think she’s going to come today. I didn’t have time to write fifteen minutes on the computer this morning, so I’m doing here. I


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home