Monday, October 01, 2012

A Short Lifetime Lived But Once

8-8 F 9:15 AM
We're writing in our journals.  I was singing "O Susanna" and Jose started dancing around.  Jose, the hyperactive first-grader.  I forgot to pack a lunch.  I read the sports page instead.  Maybe I'll try El Jarrito.  Carlin was talking to Glorious on the phone when I went out to shut the gate.  She said, "It's John," from the window.  "Who are you talking to?" I asked.  "Rach," I thought she said, but I said, "Who?" and she said, "Glorious."  It may have been Rachel.  They may have been playing some girl games to test my reaction.  She said, "Glorious wants to play pool."  I said, "What time will she be here?"  She laughed.  "This weekend.  She's going to go to Stevo's."  Hmmm.  Thank God there's no night school tonight.  I'll type and read and watch baseball and play guitar.  Glorious.  What else?  Can I make it all the way to then without Shirelle's hass?
I'm not hungry enough to go out to lunch.  I guess I'll just stay here and work on this.  Then I'll read my poems.  When to go to O.C.?  What about Vanessa's dress?  Whose feelings are going to get hurt?  Feelings--bah!  Guilt, though.  A lifetime to live.  A short lifetime lived but once.  I can make a grilled cheese when I get home.  Thing said he liked the rollercoaster photo.  He said he liked the LA drawing, too.  I have to call Jackson Santos' mom and tell her to talk to the AP, Mrs. Rodrigues, about transferring Jackson.  Three hours more and I'll be free.  My stomach is growling now.  Maybe I should get a slice of school-cafeteria pizza.  I have to call Mariachi.  I've had so much nothing to say for so long.  Giant flying cockroaches.  Our VCR broke.  A guy in the lunch room said everyone was wearing shorts now thanks to me.  The kids will be back from their lunch in five minutes.  I thought about smoking the joint in my bag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home