Monday, March 20, 2006

Every Fish in the Sea

Sat.

Fish, Rose , Sat. will be Reading Deprivation Day
also one week between books without reading from now on.
executant

Was this the foggy day? We barely went out past the jetty and fished just beyond the breakwater, following the pelicans. We caught some fish we couldn't identify, which is neat because we've never caught them before, and we think we know all the fish in the area, and it's a break from all the damned mackerel and sculpin. You wish you knew the name of evey fish in the sea, but they won't always tell you their names. We've caught barracuda, halibut, tom's cod, rockfish, sea bass, calico bass, sheep's head, cabezon, sting rays, red snapper, yellow tail, perch, brown sharks, and tomcod. This was none of those. A silver fellow with a yellow necktie and white shirt.

I got a nasty bacon burger at Burger King, and now, two weeks later, I'm still burping it up.

Anyway, Stevo came out with us, but he'd taken a Dramamine and fell asleep on the deck. I didn't say, "Let's go under the gulls and see it they turd on Stevo," because even if it was only a joke, it might have hurt his feelings, and that would be just the kind of comment to rouse a guy. And why not just let him sleep? Besides, I only just got the idea now.

Derb, Vern, Miguel and I played Axis and Allies and then went to Pasadena to meet up with Katiebell, to whom Vern is engaged, and Rose, to whom Vern's brother Loren is engaged, and Vern's brother and Vern's other brother, and Stef, and some other people. Rose told me she was sick for days after the proposal. These engagements my peers are making in the nineties, they seem very informal. I'm never exactly sure if the show's going to go on. I offered my congratulations and best of luck anyway, and shot some pathetic pool. I even ended up losing at NTN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home