Thursday, March 09, 2006

Every Chick I Ever Dated

Mon. 9-11, 1995

It's now actually Friday morning. I probably ought not to waste so much energy recording how far behind I am, since it's not interesting. We're studying the Ice Age and California Prehistory at school. I went to the Page Museum at the La Brea Tar Pits and got a saber-tooth tiger fossil fang replica, one of the claw of a giant ground sloth, and a poster of the famous mural of the Age of Mammals. ~ Monday Night Foootball featured the Bears and the Packers. Chicago closed a 27-7 deficit to within three in the second half before ultimately blowing it when Erik Kramer was stripped of the ball as they were about to go ahead in the final minute. I hooted and howled at the screen. ~ Read some Artist's Way, about closing the wrong kinds of friends out of your life, the ones who poison your art, or at least restricting their flow into it. That sounds like every chick I've ever dated. ~ I'm a full week behind. In that week, I only added about a half a paragraph to Borderline. ~ Tuesday we went to Luna Park on Robertson near Santa Monica. It's got all these different levels and rooms, indoors, outdoors, a restaurant, multiple bars. Josh Hayden's and Ken Boudacian's band, Blue Moods of Spain, were playing excruciatingly slow, heroin-tinged melancholy. I didn't drink much; The bartendress was a cunt. So I waited outside. I saw Jerzy (speaking of poison) and her friend, Robin. I forced myself to converse, but 'Shrill and I wanted to leave badly. Getoff had driven, though, and he was intent on speaking with Ken after the show, so I called for a cab. While we were waiting for the cab, Getoff came out and mercifully took my burning ass home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home