Monday, January 14, 2008

Alcoholics Anonymous

July 29 Mon.
I called the Alcoholics Anonymous directory to see where the nearest meeting was tonight. The guy said 5750 Olympic. I said, "Are you sure? Because that's where you guys sent me last week and I rode my bike all the way there like five miles and there was no meeting. What's another one in the area if the one on Olympic ain't happening." And he says, "Oh, there's a good one at Fairfax and Fountain." "The Catholic church?" "Yeah." so Shirelle drives me to the one on Olympic and it ain't there, so we go up to Fairfax and Fountain, and that one ain't there either. Fucking AA. So I call the guy back when I get home and I say that there was no meeting at 5750 Olympic and he says can I call him on that tomorrow and I go, yeah, and there was no meeting on Fairfax and Fountain neither, and he says, "I know." Fucking recovered alcoholics as dumb and disorganized as all this might as well start drinking again, thinks I.

So I got Rachel's printer up and running. How 'bout the way Phyllis Scanrod thought she fixed the printer in Judy's room?-It was pretty hot today. There's a full moon tonight.-
Costa Rica...
Tomorrow's Back to School night. And then Mrs. Kaplan said she'd give me a ride to UCLA.
Maybe I'll take the bus tomorrow. I have to move my car before Thursday so I don't get no parking ticket.
Mark was smart. he was always smarter than I.
Watched "Happy Gilmore" on video, Adam Sandler comedy. I did part one of that assignment. I wrote a memory of mine in the third person. Tomorrow I'll have to do Sladek's memory in the first. What else? Gotto go to the Norton Simon and Museum of the Southwest soon, class Tuesday and Wednesday, AA Friday, Community service Saturday. Tell Tom about Dodgers/Braves tix. Read the Van Gogh book. Read Chandler.

Empty-headed bullshit waste o' time writing this is.

I should be asleep by now. Muff
ucker. Angles and Saxons were Northern tribes. Charlemagne was a great villain.
Miracle Mile story needs editing.
Screw the pooch.

Lasorda retired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home