Friday, July 22, 2011

May 20th 7:22 PM
From Adult School again. Seems like another wasted day. I woke up around seven or so, but I just lay in bed, not even thinking, for about an hour, I got up and pissed and walked around the house despairing for a plan.
May 21 7:05 PM W
My twenty-ninth birthday. I don't know what's wrong with me. My eye twitches. Isn't this the age that Morrison and Hendrix self-destructed? My life is too tame to compare myself to them. Why am I so blah? I'm on vacation. I should be reaching a productive high and the exact opposite is happening. I lay on the couch in a sober stupor for hours at a time. This is the third straight day of it. I'm doing a pretty lazy-ass job of teaching tonight.
May 22 7:34 PM Th
This is pathetic. This is the least I've writen in a great long while. There's nothing to say. Shirelle was pointing out everything today, not unlike a child. It was endearing. "Look at the park," she would say. "There's the top of the hill." We were hiking Runyon Canyon. On the way home, some roofers were dropping debris from the top of an apartment building. She said, "Look, they're droping stuff from the top of that apartment building." I said, "Well, you're just the Queen of Announcing Your Observations today, aren't you?" She said, "At least I notice what's going on around me, unlike you, buried in your ownself all the time." I said, "Ha! I note everything and I record it." "You ain't recording now." "I will, though, and I won't just float it out on the air an let it dissipate, either." "What the fuck does dissipate mean?" I gave her a kiss. "Evaporate," I said. We showered and ate at Acapulco on Sunset. Then we went to my place and lay in bed. She was right about me. And my little scribblings are less than her announcements of what she sees. I suggested a sixty-nine, since we were like a snake eating its tail. I am anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home